News and Events
Willy’s Lane Boat Launch Dates
The following are the opening dates for the 2021 season:
- Spring: Saturday, April 17 - Sunday, May 30
- Labour Day: Saturday, Sept 4 - Tuesday, Sept 7
- Fall: Saturday, Sept 18 - Sunday, Oct 17
Please note: Permission only applies to paid-up FIMLA members for 2021. Gates will be locked at all other times and boats cannot be taken in or out EXCEPT IN AN EMERGENCY. If you have an emergency and must take a boat in or out please contact one of the FIMLA executive to make arrangements. Gates cannot be unlocked for friends or visitors to take boats in or out between the agreed opening dates. Those of you who use the launch are also requested to make a voluntary donation to the Willy’s Lane Road Association of $35. Payments can be made in cash or by e-transfer to Marj Peart at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember: the launch is on private property, and use is through the generosity of the landowner.
2021 FIMLA Annual General Meeting
Saturday, July 31, 2021
At the home of Richard Nageleisen and
1103 Willy's Lane.
Order of Business:
10:00 - 11:00 a.m. – Coffee and socializing (please bring your own chair and cup)
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. – Business Meeting
- Approval of the 2020 AGM Minutes;
- Budget overview and approval;
- Approval to proceed with Phase 2 of the proposal from D.M. Wills Associates Limited, dated September 17, 2020; and
- Approval to incorporate the Fourteen Island and Mink Lakes Watershed Association (FIMLA) as a non-profit corporation, if required for eligibility for funding for the dam repairs.
The following restrictions/protocols will be in place for the meeting:
- The gathering will be restricted to a maximum of 100 people.
- While masks are not required by Public Health in this situation, individuals are free to wear masks if they are more comfortable doing so.
- Individuals will be required to bring their own lawn chairs.
- Individuals will be required to register upon arrival (name and contact number).
- Stay home if you are sick or might be sick. Follow the Public Health Agency of Canada’s steps for self-assessment: https://www.canada.ca/coronavirus.
Please let us know if you WILL BE ATTENDING, by sending an email to the Secretary of FIMLA at: email@example.com.