News and Events
Willy’s Lane Boat Launch Dates
The following are the opening dates for the 2020 season:
- Spring: Saturday, April 18 - Sunday, May 31
- Labour Day: Saturday, Sept 5 - Tuesday, Sept 8
- Fall: Saturday, Sept 19 - Sunday, Oct 18
Please note: Permission only applies to paid-up FIMLA members for 2020. Gates will be locked at all other times and boats cannot be taken in or out EXCEPT IN AN EMERGENCY. If you have an emergency and must take a boat in or out please contact one of the FIMLA executive to make arrangements. Gates cannot be unlocked for friends or visitors to take boats in or out between the agreed opening dates. Those of you who use the launch are also requested to make a voluntary donation to the Willy’s Lane Road Association of $15. Payments can be made in cash or by e-transfer to Marj Peart at firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember: the launch is on private property, and use is through the generosity of the landowner.
2020 FIMLA Annual General Meeting and BBQ
Subject to change due to pandemic related constraints. Check back here in late July.
August 1, 2020
Chez: Mike Organ and Michelle McWhirter
1154 Deer Park Lane
Order of Business:
- 10:30 - 11:30 - Business Meeting
- Approval of 2019 AGM minutes
- Budget overview and approval
- Election of Board of Directors
In addition, the Board will provide an update on the dam repairs and fundraising.
The barbeque and socializing component will NOT take place.
Please let us know if you WILL BE ATTENDING, by sending an email to the Secretary of FIMLA at: email@example.com.
Read the message below .....
In accordance with guidance from KFL&A Public Health, the following restrictions/protocols will be in place for the meeting:
- The gathering will be restricted to a maximum of 100 people (if held indoors, the limit will be restricted to a maximum of 50 people).
- Individuals will be required to maintain physical distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) with people from outside their households or social circles.
- While masks are not required by Public Health in this situation, individuals are free to wear masks if they are more comfortable doing so.
- Individuals will be required to bring their own lawn chairs.
- Individuals will be required to register upon arrival (name and contact number).
- Stay home if you are sick or might be sick. Follow the Public Health Agency of Canada’s steps for self-assessment: https://www.canada.ca/coronavirus.
Thank you. Stay safe.